Lo and behold, our #swankyboutique fizz fairy is here to brighten up a dull day in Malta. There is nothing like a tried-and-tested fun craft activity to do at home with, or for, your little bathers!
Keep reading to find out how to create DIY bath bombs using an easy-to-make at home recipe. It is fascinating, fun and also provides for a great little gift for kids! Bonus? You're very likely to already have the ingredients stored away in your kitchen pantry. To get started you will need 30 minutes of prep work and our 'Freeze & Bake Poddies' in Blue Dusk or Dusty Rose by award-winning Aussie brand, We Might Be Tiny ('WMBT').
Ready, set, fizz!
★ Makes: 9 Poddies (Ft. WMBT signature Cat, Bear, Bunny shapes)
★ Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
★ Setting Time: 2-4 Hours
★ Ingredients: 200g bicarbonate of soda; 100g citric acid; 50g cornflour; 50g Epsom salt (optional); 4 tbsp oil – such as coconut or olive oil; ½ tsp essential oil, such as orange, lavender or chamomile; A few drops of liquid food colouring; A few drops of water; Orange peel, lavender or rose petals for decoration (also optional).
1) Place the bicarbonate of soda, citric acid, cornflour and Epsom salt in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
2) Pour the base oil, essential oil and natural food colouring in a small bowl. Mix well until the oil and the food colouring are combined as much as possible.
3) Add the oil mix to the dry ingredients, whisking between each addition. When all the oil is added, add a few small drops of water and whisk it again. It will fizz when you add water, so we are going to have to work quickly! At this stage we want the mixture to slightly clump together when pressed in your hand and keep its shape, so don’t make it too wet.
4) You can now add petals or peels for decoration purposes. Place the peel or petal at the bottom of each Poddie and then carefully pour the bath bomb mixture on top of it to fill each Poddie. Don't forget to smoothen out the top with a teaspoon; who doesn't love a perfectly shaped Poddie?!
5) Now, we play the waiting game. Leave your Poddie out to set uncovered in a cool, dry place for 2-4 hours before carefully removing each shape. In humid weather, you can allow your lovely little bath bombs more time to set for best results.
Result: Photo by Lisa from @life.with.moon.and.co
Freeze & Bake Poddies - Dusty Rose: €26.95
Freeze & Bake Poddies - Blue Dusk: €26.95
Yay! And just like that, bath time battles are over! You're welcome :)
The Swanky Team